Quantum Valley Ideas Laboratories is a not-for-profit applied research institution focused on cutting-edge research and development of quantum technologies. Quantum Valley Ideas Laboratories is tackling the ambitious goal of accelerating quantum technologies from proof-of-concept to real-world commercializable solutions.
We are searching for an Operations Coordinator who will execute operational matters; support the development and implementation of policies and procedures; make recommendations to improve efficiency; and support the management of resources. Their responsibilities will include environment, health, safety, and security; purchasing, customs, and logistics; and site operations and laboratory support. They will continuously seek to improve the overall effectiveness and success of the organization by carrying out other initiatives of a time-limited nature.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with sales representatives for technical equipment and pricing updates
- Uses procurement software (Procurify) to purchase office supplies, lab equipment, and consumables
- Coordinates shipping and customs clearance of new assets by working with staff, vendors, and customs brokers
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of deliveries and office mail
- Communicates with finance department regarding procurement to ensure prompt vendor payment
- Develops and maintains inventory systems for assets and consumables
- Organizes and maintains files and corporate records to ensure easy retrieval and compliance
- Supports onboarding of new staff, ensuring assets are available
- Coordinates visitors and guests
- Supports event planning
- Secretary of Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Makes travel arrangements for executives and research staff
- Ensures general office upkeep; other administrative duties as assigned
- Provides clerical and administrative support to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the business
Required Education, Experience, Professional Designations
- Undergraduate degree or college equivalent, preferably in science, administration, or logistics
- 0 – 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a scientific environment
- Ability to build and manage interpersonal relationships with technical and administrative staff
- Scientific understanding from a support and resourcing perspective
- Comfortable with financial matters pertaining to procurement
- Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is an asset
- Strong collaborative attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to support multiple members in the leadership team to achieve overall business goals
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full-time, salaried, position, 40 hours per week.
- Occasional evening and weekend work, as required.
- Some travel required.
Quantum Valley Ideas Laboratories is located in the Kitchener-Waterloo area of Canada, in the heart of Canada’s ‘Silicon Valley’, near Toronto. The area has excellent schools, a vibrant community atmosphere, and outstanding local universities. Quantum Valley Ideas Laboratories offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as an exciting and supportive work atmosphere.